People who believe that a certain group of other people deserve higher relative status often refuse to laugh at jokes about that group of people. Unfortunately (for them) this tends to make them look like uptight goody-goodies who don’t have a sense of humor; a group whom almost everyone agrees should have low status. Why not instead focus on making up more jokes about the group whose relative status seems too high? It seems like that should have the opposite effect on the campaigners likability, and so also encourage more people to join that side of the fight. What am I missing?
- A game of mattering
- Podcasts on surveys, slower AI, AI arguments
- What do ML researchers think about AI in 2022?
- Why do people avoid vaccination?
- Punishing the good
- Typology of blog posts that don’t always add anything clear and insightful
- The ecology of conviction
- In balance and flux
- What is going on in the world?