- A game of mattering
- Podcasts on surveys, slower AI, AI arguments
- What do ML researchers think about AI in 2022?
- Why do people avoid vaccination?
- Punishing the good
- Typology of blog posts that don’t always add anything clear and insightful
- The ecology of conviction
- In balance and flux
- What is going on in the world?
This is Katja Grace’s blog. It is about the idiosyncratic class of things Katja considers to be on the frontier of important and interesting. Empirically, it tends to be about human behavior, social institutions and rules, anthropic reasoning, personal experimentation and improvement, philanthropy, and the prospect of machines becoming as interesting as humans. Katja is responsible for omissions as well as actions, and aspires to save the world at some point.
If you like this blog, but wish it was about mundane perspectives and ‘travel’ instead of matters of lasting importance, try Worldly Positions. If you want both of those things and more, with fewer errors from automatic crossposting, see world spirit sock puppet. (Everything here is now crossposted from there.)